FAQ


Leather

What is Full Grain Leather?

  • Full Grain Leather is the best quality leather available, it refers to hides that have not been sanded, buffed, or altered to remove natural marks on the surface of the hide.
  • The entire grain remains to keep the fibers strong and durable.
  • Nothing is shaved away from the hide, the strongest part of the hide is at the top and full grain is everything below the hair.

    What is Polyester thread?

    • Polyester Thread is a synthetic material, it is incredibly strong and used in airbags, horse saddles, flags, and tents. Polyester Thread is used when you need a thread that will withstand the strength of nature, sea water, harsh sunlight, and dirt.

    What makes your products Worth my money?

    • Our materials are top quality: full grain leather, polyester thread, brass, and copper hardware. We reinforce stress points and we use as few pieces of leather as possible (the more pieces means the more stress points and the more likely it is to break).

    Who makes your products?

    • All of our leather products are made by professional craftsmen and women. These artisans have been in the leather making business for years and in many cases, the craft of leatherworking has been in their family for generations.

    Leather care: The speed at which your leather ages/patinas is based on two things:

    • 1: Nature's way: A wallet is going to patina much faster than a backpack. Factors like moisture, heat, and the natural oils on your skin will quicken or intensify the leather's patina.
    • 2: How often it's used: The more you scuff up and stretch your leather the quicker the product will age. Visible use is one of the best things about leather; it changes and takes on its own unique look the more you wear it. 

    Leather product return policy:

    • We offer a 10-day return (if applicable):
    • To be applicable for a return & refund the product must be unused and unaltered (like new condition) from how it was received.
    • The customer is responsible for return shipping cost.
    • Sale items and gift cards are non-refundable.

    Our Warranty:

      • If you own it, we'll fix it.
      • We work hard to provide a quality product to empower your journey. We stand by our products and strive to make yours last, that's why our warranty covers all material and manufacturing defects. Examples of defects covered are hardware, abnormal leather defects, stitching, and any other material defect. Our warranty does NOT cover regular wear and tear, neglect, misuse, or the natural patina process that occurs over time.
      • If you have a problem with one of our products we will happily work with you, you may pay for shipping but we want to see our products last a long time. If you need a repair let us know even if it's not covered by our warranty we still want to help. 
      • Please contact us with images of the defect to start the repair process. The owner is responsible for shipping their product to us for repair, and we'll cover the shipping back to you. 
    • Leather product return policy:

      1. We offer 10-day return (if applicable):
      • To be applicable for a return or refund the product must be unused and unaltered (like new condition) from how it was received.
      • The customer is responsible for return shipping cost.
      • Sale items and gift cards are non-refundable.
    • Shipping:
      • The customer is responsible for shipping costs.
      • We are not responsible for items lost or damaged while shipping.
      • the fastest way to get info on your package is to contact the shipping provider with your tracking number.

    Wood

    What kind of wood do you use?

    • We use any wood we can get our hands on. We love all kinds of lumber but we mostly source local to North Texas.

    How many different types of wood are there?

    • There are 60,065 tree species of tree in the world and Texas has between 255 and 281 species of native trees. My two favorite kinds of wood right now are Walnut and Bodark (Osage-Orange).
    How many forests have you destroyed making our products?
    • 90% of our wood used for our products are from lumber mills and fallen trees (such as after storms or old trees that have naturally fallen in the forest). The other 10% are tree branches and limbs usually from overgrown trees.

    Wood product return policy:

    1. We offer 10-day return (if applicable):
    • To be applicable for a return or refund the product must be unused and unaltered (like new condition) from how it was received.
    • The customer is responsible for return shipping cost.
    • Sale items and gift cards are non-refundable.